Five Points Eye Care Statement Regarding COVID-19
Effective May 4th we will be operating extended patient hours in order to keep staff and patients socially distant while we take care of our patient's eye health and vision needs.
Our patient care hours will be 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
However, we will be available via phone from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Friday.
The safety and health of our patients and staff are at the forefront of our decisions. We have also implemented the following guidelines for our patients:
- Please wait outside until your appointment time in the designated spaces on our sidewalk.
- You will have your temperature checked immediately when entering the building. If it is higher than 99.0, we will repeat it 2 more times. If it is greater than 99.0 we will ask you to leave the building and contact your primary care provider. Your appointment will be rescheduled via phone.
- Please have companions remain outside the building unless they are a parent/guardian or a true caregiver.
- You will have your hands disinfected with hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) when entering the building. A staff member will ensure you properly sanitize (rubbing front and back of hands, in between fingers and under nails).
- Please wear a mask while in the office. If you do not have your own mask we will give you a temporary mask to wear in the office.
- You will be brought directly to an examination room and will remain in that room for the majority of your visit.
- Please keep your hands on your lap and minimize touching any surfaces.
- You may be asked to reschedule if you are not on time due to our strict schedule to keep patients socially distant.
- You may experience longer examination times. Please be patient as we are trying to keep you safe!
Five Points Eye Care is following the recommendation from the CDC to postpone non-urgent eye care. We are open for urgent and emergency eye care only. We have also temporarily reduced our staff and our available appointments to limit the number of people in our building at one time.
At Five Points Eye Care, the health and safety of our patients and employees is our top concern.
Five Points Eye Care has always been concerned with the spread of communicable diseases. We continue to practice strict universal infection control protocols in our office for your safety. Your health and well-being, as well as that of our team, are our primary concern.
We will continue to operate under normal business hours.
Based on guidelines set by the CDC and the DPH, the following protocols are implemented in our office, effective immediately.
- Patients who have a fever, believe they are showing signs of infection, or who live with someone with symptoms, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Please wash your hands before your appointment.
- Please do not bring sick family members to appointments.
- We will refrain from handshakes.
Our office has a long-standing practice of disinfecting all areas of our office throughout the day, and all clinic areas are disinfected prior to every patient seen.
As always during the peak of flu season, and with the growing concerns around the Coronavirus, we have taken extra measures to increase frequent cleaning and have provided additional training and precautions to our staff to help keep their health and yours safe.
As a reminder, if you have fallen ill, have traveled abroad, or had close contact with someone who has traveled abroad within the past 14 days and is due to be seen for an appointment, please let our office know. We will be happy to change your appointment to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you.
The Five Points Eye Care Team